Ok, I’m bringing back the shuffle, at least for today. Here’s a refresher of the rules:
1. Put your music on shuffle. It’s the most fun when you select all songs.
2. Note the name of the song, artist, and album of the first 5 songs.
3. Write a brief something. It can be your review of the song, how the song makes you feel, or anything else you want to.
4. No skipping songs. The embarrassment is part of the fun.
So here’s my shuffle for today. Feel free to post your own shuffle in the comments to this post.
1. Daylight Fading – Counting Crows – Recovering the Satellites. While I LOVE their 1st CD, I don’t like this one as much. This song does nothing for me except to make me want to fast forward through it. I’m sure lots of people would really like it, but I just don’t. There’s a mix of country and old rock sound that I just can’t get into. Tom Petty’s guitar work comes to mind, late ‘80s – early ‘90s Petty and while I do enjoy Mr. Petty, this song just grates on me.
2. Furahi – Zap Mama – Sabsylma. This whole CD shows the performance artist beginnings that their more recent music lacks. The harmonies and rhythm of this song are great. Don’t disregard the song because of the talking during the first few seconds. It’s worth the wait, at least for me it is. You may think the whole thing sucks.
3. Dry Grass & Shadows – Alela Diane – To Be Still. This was a free download from iTunes. It’s country/folk and not bad. If you enjoy this type of music, you should check it out. I suppose I mostly like it. At some point I gave it 3 stars on my ipod. Yeah, I think I like it.
4. Galileo – Indigo Girls – Rites of Passage. I like this song. I took a break from the IGs for quite awhile and have enjoyed them coming up occasionally in my shuffles and genius playlists. But whenever I hear them, I can’t help think of their concert that we went to. I had to bribe TJ with Queen’s Reich tickets to get her to go with me. They sound great live but the best part was the way they yelled “Thanks y’all!” after every song with the same inflection each time. By halfway through the show, most everyone in our section was yelling it with them.
5. Celebrity Skin – Hole – Celebrity Skin. You know, I’ve never really paid much attention to Courtney Love. I mean her music. I do think she’s a good actress and I’ve enjoyed her film work but I don’t think I’ve really listened to her music. Gotta say, I like this song. I’ll have to give her a chance. You know, a decade after she was popular.