Was this one week or two?
Holy shit! I’m so damn tired. And this weekend is going to be long. Unless, of course, I talk TJ out of going to the Rainbow Families monthly potluck lunch. I think if Micah was older, I’d really want to go. But he’s not and TJ and I aren’t exactly social butterflies. And I have a feeling most of the adults are going to have rods up their asses. Just a feeling I have. I hope I’m wrong, but I don’t want to find out tomorrow. We’ve all been sick for several weeks and are just beginning to really feel better. It would be nice to just relax at home, carve our pumpkin, bake some pies, clean up a bit, and go to a wedding reception Sunday afternoon. I think I may have to put my foot down.
So before I get off on a long ramble, I’d better post my shuffle. I’m still at work and don’t want to hear any crap from anyone about being on the internet. I worked really fucking hard this week – so suck my big, hairy asshole.
1. Mr. Wendal – Arrested Development. Pretty sure this was their biggest hit. I love the message – we need to help each other out. I’d just like to point out that not everyone has to have religious motivation to be good and kind. Sorry, I’m still on God-strike.
2. Where you lead – Carole King. I don’t care what TJ says, I’m not embarrassed by this song. I used to listen to this album constantly when I was a pre-teen. When no one was home, I’d crank it up and sing into the tall houseplants like I was a superstar.
3. Death of Manolete – 10,000 Maniacs. This is from the Hope Chest album. My 2nd wife’s voice is young and fresh and I can barely recognize it. The music is more punky/new wave rocky than anything from their later stuff.
4. Only a Dream – Mary Chapin Carpenter. I don’t know this song. And I couldn’t finish listening to it. I bought this CD for the couple of songs that were popular (Come On, Come On and The Bug). I do like MCC. This song is slow and is the story of long gone wrong – or maybe he died. I don’t know, I didn’t finish listening..
5. So Much to Say – Bob Marley & The Wailers. What a nice way to finish up. This week has been very long and difficult (you can read my daily shuffle/blog for more info on that crap.) I really needed some Bob. Now I need a cold beer. And a beach with some sun and warm weather.