Finally, it’s Friday. I just don’t think I could take another day in the office. It’s been pretty tense in our little team. Issues with possible job loss for some of us and feeling like some of us aren’t pulling our weight and other stuff has brought on emotional outbursts and tears. And not just from me. So I look forward to a couple of days away from here.
We had a neighborhood meeting last night and it was hopeful and disappointing all at the same time. The old men and women who come to the meetings to moan and complain about what needs to be done wouldn’t volunteer to help with anything. Maybe they’ll change their minds after we get a bit more organized but I wanted to go over and shake them.
The shuffle was pretty good to me this morning. Not too much to be embarrassed about.
1. TNT – AC/DC. I’m not a big AC/DC fan. I almost didn’t put them on my ipod at all but felt compelled to do it. Since I want to put our entire CD collection on it and will feel like I’m cheating if I don’t do what I committed to doing. It’ll keep me up at night and I’ll end up getting up and 2:30 in the morning sometime because I won’t be able to stop thinking about it. I’m weird like that. Anyway, I didn’t skip through the song and, I gotta say, I actually enjoyed it. Especially the “explosion” of guitar at the end.
2. Wanna Be G’s – MOP & Sheritha Lynch. This song is from the Bad Boys II soundtrack. This is one of the hundreds of CDs we got from TJ’s friend at her job. Not something I ever would have laid out money for. It’s got a good beat and Sheritha sounds like what I imagine my friend Stefanie would sound like if she were a rapper. I really didn’t pay any attention to the lyrics.
3. Reach Out I’ll Be There – The Four Tops. Great classic! The song itself sounds muffled and a bit scratchy, just like I’m listening to a 45. Whenever I hear this song, I think of all of the movies of the early ‘70’s or portraying that time frame – whether this song was featured in it or not. Don’t know why…
4. In My Room – Ready for the World. This whole album takes me back to 1986. I had just gotten out of boot camp and was really coming to understand that I was a lesbian. It was to this, and other similar songs, that I fell in love, had my heart broken, and fell in love again. And, of course, lots of good sex. That’s what these songs were made for.
5. Trouble Me – 10,000 Maniacs. The MTV Unplugged version. I think I’ve already made my feelings for Natalie Merchant, also known as my 2nd wife, very clear. Her voice just moves me.
One thought on “Cube Drama”
legos are hot…