I’m starting to feel better, finally. There’s still plenty of crud in my head and chest, but not as much. And it only took me about 10 minutes of hacking and coughing to feel clear instead of 30 – 45 minutes every other day. I may be able to avoid the doctor and antibiotics yet!
We went apple picking yesterday. It was lots of fun. The only thing that would have made it better was if my parents had been able to go. But we got lots of pictures and some video so they’ll be able to get a feel for the excursion. And I’ll give them some apple sauce and maybe even a pie. I make some wicked apple sauce!
It was great to see Chuck. We don’t get to see each other much and, even though we don’t say it much, we miss each other. Looks like we’re going to have to try to make a concerted effort to spend more time together. I think the boys need to see each other more, too. Maybe some regular play dates would be the answer. And some for the boys too. I do need to talk to him about getting together on November 10th. It’s our grandfather’s birthday. He was a special guy to me and Chuck, and one of the most positive males we had in our lives growing up. Chuck and I try to get together for a beer and a shot in his honor, but I hope that we don’t end up waiting for another month before we see each other. I love him very much. Even though he’s stinky and cranky. 😉
Well, here’s my shuffle for the day. I added another six or seven hundred songs this weekend. Got all sorts of stuff on there now – choral, classical, kid’s (I’m listening to a sesame street song right now,) country – so who knows what I’ll get.
1. What’s Up – 4 Non Blondes. This song was by far the most popular song for the band. It’s sort of the “What’s Going On” of the ‘90s. Sort of.
2. Against All Odds – 2Pac. The entire song is shit talking about other rappers – east coast rappers, I assume – who he thinks have disrespected him and are weak. Getting shot numerous times and surviving is apparently the coolest and denotes that 2Pac is the hardest of them all. Not anymore, huh?
3. La Llorona – Chavela Vargas. This is the version from the Frida soundtrack. Great song! Although I love this whole album. The film is fabulous. My ex-friend, Anabel, got me a copy of the soundtrack and it has become one of my favorite albums. AND Chavela Vargas is a lesbian, so it gets bonus points.
4. What’s Going On – Marvin Gaye. What are the odds? This is a perfect song for our current world situation. I could go on for pages on the relevance but, instead, I’ll just listen.
5. Nothing New – Ashlee Simpson. While I was impressed with the selections I heard last week, I’m not at all impressed with this one. Sounds like too many other pop songs. Maybe all the ridicule I received from my friends and my wife (she threatened me with divorce for admitting that I liked A.S.’s voice) is effecting my judgment but I didn’t care for this song.