It’s cold here this morning. Micah’s wearing his winter coat. It’s a 3T, which we figured would be big enough to last him the whole winter. It fits him today. It won’t fit him in a couple months, I’m sure. Thank goodness for hand-me-downs. Dillon’s old clothes have saved us hundreds of dollars. We’re very lucky to have gone second.
I’m still battling a sinus headache. It’s been 4 or 5 days now. I’m going to post this and take some Sudafed to get through the morning. Ok, I have to share this – I typed “Sudafed” in lowercase and MS Word corrected me. What the hell is that?
Ok, it’s time for the shuffle results.
1. As Cool as I Am – Dar Williams. One year for Christmas, TJ got me a couple compilation CDs of lesbian music. You know, lesbians singing and playing instruments – not music only for lesbians. Anyone can listen if they want. See, TJ can’t stand the Indigo Girls so she wanted me to expand my horizons a bit. This was quite a long time ago and we lived in Idaho so I didn’t have a lot of exposure to alternatives in the lesbian music scene. She doesn’t like k.d. lang much, either so I listened to a lot of Melissa. Not that there’s anything wrong with that but I needed some variety when trying to support my community. Dar Williams is actually pretty popular and she does have a great voice. I should get some more of her music.
2. The Chemicals Between Us – Bush. The front man for Bush – Gavin Something – has a fabulous voice. That along with the powerful lyrics and good, rockin’ music make Bush a noteworthy band. And Gavin is married to Gwen Stefani. And the band’s name is Bush. Lesbians love bush. Not GW Bush.
3. Kaya – Bob Marley. Everyone loves Bob and I’m no exception. There’s a small group of women that I met in boot camp, or shortly afterward in Admin School, who had never heard of Mr. Marley. I quickly remedied that. I’m in touch with a couple of them and they still tell me that whenever they hear one of his songs, they think of me.
4. No Ordinary Love – Sade. Like most of her songs, this is smooth, jazzy, and sexy. My only issue is that it was featured in the crappy film “Indecent Proposal.” YIKES! But I try to keep that out of my mind as I get lost in Sade’s voice. Smooth like buttah!
5. Even the Losers – Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers. Not on of my favorite songs but I do prefer their older stuff over the songs featuring celebs in the videos. I like the newer stuff, but it’s just not as good. I’m unmoved to write more about it.
I’m feeling like this is going to be a cranky day. Look out!