Proof That I’m Uncool
Since I just can’t write about what I’m wearing everyday and why, I’m going to rip off an idea that Chuck’s friend, Brett, ripped off from somewhere else. While I’m at work, I have my headphones in my ears. It’s a necessity. I cannot function while listening to 10 different conversations or one-sided telephone calls. It usually makes me very frustrated and that turns to anger and then no one around me can be happy.
So here’s the concept. I have my mp3 player on shuffle and share the first five songs that play. There’s no skipping so I’ll have to deal with the embarrassment and ridicule that some of these songs will no doubt cause. I’m ready. I can accept your scorn. I’m a strong, confident woman!
1. Self Portrait with Hair Down – Frida Soundtrack. It’s one of the instrumental interludes from the film. It has the same melody as much of the soundtrack and only lasts about 1 minute. Great film and great soundtrack.
2. Gangsta’s Paradise – Coolio. Yeah, I still love this song. Quit laughing at me.
3. Brave and Crazy – Melissa Etheridge. One of my favorite songs from my favorite of her albums. Great song for her voice and a great song to sing along with.
4. City of Angels – 10,000 Maniacs. The album “In My Tribe” is fantastic and several of the songs make me cry. Damn! I love me some Natalie!
5. Deeper and Deeper – Madonna. Great song for dancing – as are most of her songs. The entire “Erotica” album reminds me of the dance parties we used to have at our house in Meridian. Another couple used to come over for lots of drinks – and an occasional smoke – and we’d cut the lights, light a load of candles and crank the music. Hours of dancing and making out would follow. Shit, now my wife can’t stay awake past 10pm!
2 thoughts on “Proof That I’m Uncool”
I like this idea much more than the outfit of the day blog. So far the choices have made me giggle, wonder, and become frightened. 😉
When you need a break from your selections, you can mix it up by listening to some MPR – Minnesota Public Radio, it is the only way I can make it through the day. http://minnesota.publicradio.org/radio/services/the_current/
I’m right there with you – except it’s either NPR or WPR for me. By noon I’m usually done with music and moved on to the radio. Unless there’s something crappy on. Like the other day when Wisconsin Public Radio had Rush Limbaugh’s crazy brother, Kevin, on. I couldn’t listen to him for more than a couple of minutes at a time. If it’s possible, he sounded even more hostile and insane than his brother.