Alrighty then. Here’s the shuffle for today. I got nothing else to say. Really. I’m at a loss for words. Well, except I’d like to apologize to all my friends and family for being absent for awhile. I’ve just been busy and mentally and physically exhausted and haven’t had the energy or desire to pick up the phone or even check my email. Sorry.
On with the shuffle.
- I Betcha – The Mary Jane Girls – In My House. TJ introduced me to this group while we were in Admin School. We weren’t together yet but it wasn’t for lack of trying on my part. This song is alright but my favorite is Shadow Lover. Just in case you were wondering.
- Stranger in the House – Elvis Costello – My Aim is True. This is one of the bonus tracks on the CD. This was one of my favorite albums when I was a teen/young adult. It stems from the fact that my father used to listen to it and would play “Alison” on his guitar. I don’t feel like delving into the myriad issues I have with my dad right now, but I still love Declan McMannis (Elvis Costello) – and he’s married to Diana Krall, who I also love. So there.
- The Power of Equality – Red Hot Chili Peppers – Blood Sugar Sex Magik. Same sound as most of the other songs on this CD. Not bad but I feel sort of “meh” about it. Good lyrics, though. Not a song I’d seek out but I’m not fast forwarding through it either.
- Served Faithfully – Ani DiFranco – Imperfectly. Beautiful music and moving lyrics about doing the best you can when life is tough. Sort of. I love Ani. And she’s my friend. Well, she’s my MySpace friend. That counts, right?
- In The Morning – Junior Boys – In The Morning, single of the week. A free iTunes song I hadn’t listened to yet. The music is moderately annoying and the lyrics are repetative and mediocre at best. It would be alright for a night dancing in the club but not something I’d listen to voluntarily.