I have a few things to write about today but I’m going to break it down into two separate posts. I went off on a bit of a tangent during the last song of the shuffle so if I cover everything I want to, this will be a HUGE post. Huge, I say!
- Looking for a Better Way – Inner Circle – Bad Boys. Nice reggae beat but thoroughly unimpressed with the lyrics. Very repetative and simple. Not really a song I’d ever get an urge to hear. Ever.
- Don’t Change – Goo Goo Dolls – Ace Ventura: When Nature Calls. Oh – this is a cover. I like it. More than the original.
- Let Me Take You Home Tonight – Boston – Boston. This song takes me back to my early teen years. If I remember correctly, the whole album is good. Truly a Rock classic. I was listening to a story on NPR earlier this week about CEOs who form bands on their off time. The original lead guitarist from Boston is one of them. Just a little tidbit of info for you. I always try to go the extra mile for my readers.
- Astronaut – Duran Duran – Astronaut. You know, I’ve never been a big fan of theirs. TJ went through a phase when they made their “come back” and she bought a few of their newer CDs. They don’t do much for me.
- Too Bad – Nickleback – Silver Side Up. This song is alright. Mostly, I don’t care for them. TJ and I first heard of them when they were opening up for Creed. Shut up. It wasn’t my idea. I refuse to listen to Creed. I like the lead singer’s voice and some of the music but the God stuff got to be a bit much. So anyway, Sevendust and Nickleback opened for Creed. Sevendust was great and Nickleback was mediocre. We were shocked when it was Nickleback that hit the charts with an album that mostly sucked. By the way, the best part of the concert was when the lead singer for Creed, Scott Something, called someone in the audience a mother fucker for throwing a water bottle on stage. I think it was in the middle of a God song, too. If it wasn’t, it sure makes the story better so I’m sticking with my version. I also like that Scott Whatever has since been arrested several times for beating his wife and being drunk in public places. I think he was also in some sex videos on Kid Rock’s tour bus. Or something like that. God must be so proud!