Buildin’ an Ark by Erin
So, Cheri just pointed out to me that it may be the end of the days.Â Think about all the catastrophic events weâ€™ve had lately.Â As I write this I am stuck in my bedroom, working from home because the roads by my house are all flooded from the torrential rains weâ€™ve had.Â The rivers in Wisconsin are at the highest they have ever been on record, Lake Delton is a goner and last weekend they were canoeing down Humboldt Avenue in Milwaukee!Â The winter completely sucked, with more snow than we knew what to do with and George Bush is still in office-all indicators that the world is going to hell in a hand basket, as my Grandma Barb would say.Â Â
So whatâ€™s a girl to do?Â Ignore the signs that the end is near?Â Keep worrying about my dead end job and the shitty leadership in the country?Â Not me, my friend-Iâ€™m building an ark!Â Shit, it worked for Noah so Iâ€™m thinking about giving it a whirl.Â Mind you I canâ€™t hang a shelf without it being crooked but Iâ€™m going to build a damn ark and if you want to be on it I must share who and what I am NOT letting step foot on my ark.Â The list of those people and things not allowed on my ark reads like this:
- No republicans (if you are one you best change your ways or youâ€™re drowning)
- No men in speedos (cause thatâ€™s just nasty)
- No racists, bigots or those who are assholes in general (there went at least half the population-and all the politicians)
- No june bugs (ewe!)
- Child molesters
- My old roommate Noah, cause he owes me money
- Tube tops & half shirts
- Mullets (sorry Cheri)
- Skinny people (Ill let on some skinny people but no one that can eat whatever they want and still stay skinny)
- Rush Limbaugh
- Anyone with a â€œmarriage equals one man and one womanâ€ bumper stickerâ€¦youâ€™re all assholes
- Rice cakes
- Meanies-(definition: those who pick on others, do mean things, again-assholes in general)
- Joey from the 5th grade cause he called me a fattie on the play ground
- Bad breath
- Drugs, other than those that come from the ground (ie-no coke, meth, heroin-the hard stuff that screws up good peoples lives)
- Ear wigs (they have those pinchers-doesnâ€™t that gross you out!?)
- Ignorance, hatred, anyone that exhibits any of these tendencies while on board goes over the side
I’m sure thereâ€™s more-what people/things would you all refuse from your ark?Â Help me form my utopia!
4 thoughts on “Buildin’ an Ark by Erin”
people who constantly mispronounce/misuse “big” words
Cats are not useless- I know for a fact ccollins loves those cute kitty pictures… ROFL Cats anyone?
But if we could not allow people who think global warming and climate change is a myth, that would be super. I met one of those today.
And as far as I am concerned we can let all of the eggplants rot underneath the water, because they are just gross.
Wait a frickin minute Chuckie Duckie!
I contantly mispronounce and misuse big words…and it’s not because I’m trying to act smart or be impressive. It’s cause I be dum and ignant to the ways of the English langage. In short, I’m an anti-reader.
With that being said……all cats and eggplants should be banned. However, we really need to bring on lots of wheat, barley, and hops.
This comment is from my friend, Denise, who couldn’t log in.
LMAO… that was great!!! I do not how to put my comment on to your bolg… so here are my not allowed:
Anyone who thinks it’s okay to cheat on their patner, or thinks they won’t get caught, either way your a stupid ass!!!
If you like either one of the George Bush’s… stay off “our” ark and go to hell.
If you worry more about money then people and treat them like shit just for shits and giggles – yep, you guessed it, NOT WELCOME!
When you do a good deed for someone and expect something in return – hope you can swim your ass off!
Oh yeah, and… if you would rather spend your last moments wishing you coulda, woulda, instead of being grateful for what you have/had – then your in trouble too:)