TJ rocks at making these.
Liquor-Infused Chocolate Strawberries
Recipe Type: Dessert
Serves: 16 Berries
Labor intensive but they make a great gift. I’m guessing at the prep and cook times.
- 16 large, fresh strawberries with leaves
- 1/2 cup Grand Marnier (brandy-based orange liqueur)
- 1 lb bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1/4 cup Grand Marnier
- 1 ounce square chopped white chocolate
- Rinse strawberries and dry thoroughly.
- Use a syringe or clean marinade injector to inject about 2 teaspoons of liqueur into each berry.
- Place berries on baking sheet and refrigerate for about 30 minutes.
- In a metal bowl over a pan of simmering water (or a double boiler), combine bittersweet chocolate and shortening. Stir occasionally until melted and smooth.
- Stir in heavy cream and 1/4 cup liqueur.
- Place white chocolate in separate bowl and when the dark chocolate has melted, place the bowl of white chocolate over the pan of simmering water, stirring occasionally until smooth. Be sure to remove from heat as soon as it is mostly melted, white chocolate can be sensitive.
- Dip strawberries into dark chocolate and let the excess drip off into the bowl before placing on waxed paper to set.
- When the strawberries have all been dipped in dark chocolate, dip a fork into the white chocolate and drizzle back and forth over berries to stripe.