The Best Banana Bread Evah!
Recipe Type: Bread
Serves: 1 loaf
The best banana bread ever
- 3 or 4 ripe bananas, smashed
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- 1 cup sugar (I use 3/4 cup)
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- pinch of salt
- 1 1/2 cups of all purpose flour (I use unbleached)
- Preheat the oven to 350F (175c).
- With wooden spoon (I use nylon), mix butter into the mashed bananas in a large mixing bowl.
- Mix in sugar, egg, and vanilla.
- Sprinkle the baking soda and salt over the mixture and mix it in.
- Add the flour and mix well.
- Pour mixture into a buttered 4×8 inch loaf pan.
- Bake 1 hour.
- Cool on a rack (I don’t have one so I just let the loaf sit on the stove top). Remove from pan, slice, and enjoy.