Ten Things About Me
I’ve seen some posts around where folks are sharing lists of things about themselves that very few people know. That got me thinking about what people know about me. I’m pretty much an open book, really. I will rarely withhold information about myself if I’m asked a direct question or if I feel comfortable and safe in a conversation. I tend to let all sorts of things slip about myself on the podcast because it feels like a private conversation with a dear friend. I can forget about the other people that may listen later.
In honor of my friends who have shared things about themselves through their posts, here are ten things about me that you may not know. I imagine there are a handful of people who may know all of these things.
- I’m a survivor of sexual abuse.
- I’m very self-aware. I almost always know why I do things and why I feel the way I do.
- I think my wife’s feet are very sexy. I also have a thing for sexy, high heeled shoes and boots. On other women, not on me.
- I prefer to be alone or with others in silence than just about any other scenario. But I am not someone who ever wants to be single. I love being in a relationship but I’m so thankful that my wife can also be silent for hours at a time.
- I’m bisexual.
- I hate being late. I think this comes from our family being late to everything, all the time, and the embarrassment of walking in well after events have begun and having others look at us scornfully. Except I am late for work almost every day. For some reason, that doesn’t bother me a bit. I think it’s because I’m there before anyone else so there’s no one to give me a shitty look.
- I was a cutter as a teen and had no idea it was a thing until I saw an episode of ER many years later. I felt an incredible sense of relief that it wasn’t just me.
- I’m elevator phobic. All my worst nightmares have to do with falling or wildly swinging elevators. I will bolt from an elevator if I feel that there are too many people on it and take the stairs whenever possible.
- I’m very uncomfortable talking with or being touched by people I don’t know very well. I fail massively at small talk and tend to avoid people or walk away as soon as possible when cornered. Crowds are very hard to handle.
- I’m insecure about nearly everything. Insecure and afraid of disappointing others. I think this is where some of my control issues come from.
So there you go. Feel free to share something about yourself, too. Now I’m off to do some laundry and have a glass of wine. Yay for clean clothes!
8 thoughts on “Ten Things About Me”
11. You are super brave!
12. I am super proud to know you.
Thank you – that means a lot coming from you.
I second that.
Some I knew…some I did not, thank you for sharing a bit about yourself. It just makes me love you more!! I also happen to know you totally rock!! =)
You’re awesome and I’m proud to be your friend.
This reminds me so much of the conversation we started and never finished at GCLS. We should continue it sometime. It was quite cathartic. I stand with the rest of the commenters – you are brave and awesome and I, too, am proud to be your friend.
I was sad that we had to cut that short. I agree that we need to continue it.
Thanks for sharing more about you!